Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Friday, February 7, 2014

How I Met My Fan…

5th February 2014, this date will be always remembered in my life as one of the best moments of my life. As usual after college I was heading towards my home. I walked down from my college to the bus stop from where usually I get bus for my home. I was damn too tired that day because of all the work we were doing for our project review. And so I decided to take a Volvo instead of a normal bus. I boarded a Volvo bus as soon as it came. I bought the ticket and took a window seat as fast as I could. I took out my iPod and plugged into my ears and let out a sigh of relief. I was lost in my own world when a girl boarded the bus. She wore a black top over her chocolate color trouser. Almost every seat in the bus was full; I was hoping that she might just come and sit beside me. Our eyes met quite a few times when her eyes were searching for a seat. And she came and sat beside me. She was wearing some exotic perfume which was attracting me more and more towards her. She had a tab in her hand and she was doing something. I tried not to look on her side so I started focusing on the music I was listening on my iPod and was staring blankly outside the window. But I tell you, she was irresistible. I had an urge of talking to her. I don’t know why that was, but I just wanted to strike some conversation with her. I was completely lost in her fragrance. And she got a call on her phone, she picked it up moved a strand of her hair from her face. All this while when she was busy talking on her phone, I was busy observing every little thing that she was doing. I tell you they all say that, a writer’s mind is a terrible place to live in. Damn true. All the time a writer’s mind is busy noticing something, observing everyone around us, analyzing quite deep any fucking situation which sometimes doesn’t even require that much of attention. And when sometimes even you get that mood to write but you couldn’t write because of your other engagements in life. Sometimes you even have thoughts in your head but somehow you are not able to pour out on the paper then that becomes too damn frustrating.  

With every passing second the urge to talk to her was growing more and more. Until when my eyes suddenly checked her tab to see what she was reading and the next moment I don’t know what happened. Maybe a BAAAAAM!!! Or a THUDDDD!!!!

My eyes got stucked then and there, almost ready to pop out with my mouth wide open. I was looking like one dumbass. But I couldn’t help then. It never had happened with me before. She was reading my blog, Incomplete Love Story on her tab. I looked at her face, she was so engrossed into reading and I was getting so excited after seeing someone whom I don’t even know was reading my blog. In past one year my blog page views has increased exponentially with almost 32,000 page views in past one year I was expecting that someday I will come across someone who will be reading my blog too. But it would happen this way, was something I never thought about. And I will be so speechless and expressionless was also something I never imagined in the wildest of my dreams. I was waiting for her to complete reading so that I can poke her. And when you want the time to pass quickly then always the opposite happens. Somehow I controlled my urge to poke her for a while. After when she was done reading the blog, she started texting someone and that took another 15 minutes to get over. Once she was done with everything else and before she could jump to some other thing, quickly I cleared my throat and asked her,

 “So did you like it?”

“Like what?” she asked me

“The blog which you were reading from such a long time so consciously.” I said

“Oh that, yeah. It’s kind of really good and different. Have you also read that blog?” she asked me

“Yeah, quite a few times.” I said

“I like it a lot. I always wait for any new updates and I love reading them.” She said

“Well, thank you.” I said

“Huh!!” she reflected

“Hi I am Mayank Manohar, Author of Incomplete Love Story.” I said

“Whaaaaat?????” she squeaked

And now the situation turned upside down. Her eyes were ready to pop out and mouth was wide open. She almost screamed when she heard my name.

“That was some reaction.” I said

“Really??? I mean, oh shit I am so perplexed; I am so so speechless now. Can I pinch you?” she asked me

“Don’t embarrass me please. I am not some famous celebrity.” I said

“Who said that? So many people follow you, you have no clue how many people love reading your blogs, reflect on what you always have to share and even cry with whatever bad is going on in your life. Your blog is something that I always look up for. I always get that inspiration of doing something I love to do and chasing my dreams without giving it a thought of what others might think. I have read all of your blog posts and eagerly waiting for a new one.” She said

I was listening carefully to her; I never thought my blogs meant so much to someone. It felt good, really good.

“You know when you were going through a rough patch in your relationship, when you wrote No Pain, No Gain… I had tears in my eyes after reading that post. And I always use to wonder whether this guy exists for real or its some fictional character. Because I have never seen anyone like you so far. I don’t know how you get thoughts like that. I always had a curiosity to unveil the other side of you.” She said

“Well I am really thankful to you and I am glad that you love my blog. I really appreciate that.”  I said

“So what are your upcoming posts?” she asked me

“I don’t know actually, no thoughts yet.” I said

“Valentine’s Day is coming, are you preparing something for the Valentine week?”

“I don’t know really. I was too busy with my college works these days, never got time to actually think about it.” I said

“Well if you don’t mind, can I give you some suggestion which might help you?” she asked me

“Yeah sure, go ahead.” I said

“How about dedicating a full week to real life love stories? Why don’t you write seven different love stories inspired by real life events and post it one by one for the whole week? This way your blog will get even more popular and since the name of your blog is Incomplete Love Story, people might be look for some love related post on your blog.” She said

“Hmmm…” she had a great idea and in the back of head I had already started thinking about what all and whose love stories will I write. I was really satisfied with her idea and wanted to do it.

“So do you like my idea?” She asked me

“Yeah, it’s brilliant. Thanks for this idea, I am gonna do this. Thank you.” I said

“You are welcome. I wish I could talk to you more but my stop is coming and I have to get down. It was really nice meeting you. Maybe it’s my lucky day. And if you don’t mind, can you give me your autograph?” she asked me

“Wasn’t it too much for her to ask me to give her my autograph? Was I dreaming? Or was I stoned.” I said to myself.

“Well, what should I say? I am speechless. I never thought someday my blog will get so popular that people will be mad for them. And I never thought I will ever give someone my autograph. I still can’t believe this. Can you pinch me once?” I said

And she really pinched me. I was joking about it though. She took out a small piece of paper and luckily I had a pen in my pocket. I don’t even have a stylish signature. However I wrote few words for her and signed my name with a smiley. And her stop came; she kept that piece of paper quickly in her bag and left.

“Hey what’s your name?” I almost shouted.

But the doors were closed by then and she couldn’t hear what I had asked. She waved her hand signaling me goodbye and so I did in return. And I had a big grin on my face. I couldn’t believe my luck. And I don’t know how to express what I was feeling at that moment of time. My eyes turned moist; there was immense satisfaction in my heart and endless happiness. I just couldn’t believe it. Life is unpredictable as I always say.

When your signature turns into an autograph, that’s success…”




















5 comments:

  1. Awww isn't that a perfect magical story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah such things are supposed to come in your life like a magical story so that you never forget about those golden moments.

      Delete
  2. autograph plzzz ! :)

    ReplyDelete